Here at Donna Ida we are shivering in our Stealth Agnes J Brand’s from the BALTIC temperatures that continue to plummet. So, we have come up with the 'Donna Ida Top 10 Survival Tips' to ensure you whizz through your last minute Christmas shopping in the big freeze in comfort and style.
1. Cosy Cashmere: Keep the perishing chill at bay and head down to our Belgravia shop where you will discover heavenly cashmere from Minnie Rose and be the smartest and the warmest in classic pieces from 360 Sweater.
2. Fur: Nothing keeps the winter draft out more elegantly than a luxurious fur. Find yours from designer What Goes Around Comes Around at our Chelsea store. Secret Squirrel can not believe her eyes to discover the new and fabulous sale price...
3. Layer: Thank you Splendid, LnA, Kain and Zoe Tees for creating soft, beautiful and layerable basics that keep you warm yet do not compromise on style; this winter we don't know what we would do without you!
4. Chunky Knits: One of our favourite features of being in a frosty city in the winter, that let's face it often sees us getting up in the pitch black, going home in the dark, sporting a somewhat grey complexion and reaching for delicious macaroons and litres of tea, is that we can dress in the most fashionable and fabulous chunky knits, keeping us snug and stylish. Don't hit the shops without yours and we have done the hard work for you by finding the most adorable by Designers Remix. See below for Elle's interpretation of knit chic.
5. Cords and Velvet: Thanks to New York F/W shows, velvet and cord is well and truly back. Bring out your inner Park Avenue Princess with Paige's velvet skinny jeans and team with a Chanel inspired cardigan. If you would prefer to nod towards a chic country-meets-city look, our favourites are without a doubt the super flattering and super toasty Twiggy cords from James Jeans. Natalie Portman looks sensational in her Made In Heaven Marrakesh velvet flares and now we all need a pair.
6. Skinny jeans and leg warmers: The selection of skinny jeans across all our boutiques are outstanding and there is a fit, style and colour to suit everyone. Team your Citizens of Humanity soft skinny jeans that we are all swooning over this winter with a pair of leg warmers. Take a look at Jessica Alba who shows that biker boots leg warmers and skinny jeans are a great winter team.
7. Button up: Got your coat on and need a style update? Or perhaps it is failing to keep this cold at bay? Whatever your reasons are, the selection of winter coats at Donna Ida are divine. Trot down to Chelsea where you will fall in love with this military style coat from Bolongaro Trevor. Alternatively, invest in a leather jacket to bring out your inner rock chic.
8. Keep it under your hat! Scientists have researched that you lose most of your body heat through your head so Susan, boutique manager at The Westfield store, has had us all rushing for our thermal head warmers and they don't get much scrummier than these from designer Elizabeth lau.
9. Sneeze not. Grab a Scarf: Cold weather and a scarf comes rather hand in hand and look no further if you need a style injection Claire, Manager of our Chelsea store, gives the fashion lo-down that there are some beauties to buy from designer By Malene Birger.
10. Warm & Wild: Celebrity favourite Wildfox is so hot right now, our selection of their sweatshirts are sure to keep your temperature raised this winter. The lining is like a fluffy cloud ensuring the cosy factor is sky high. Paris, seen here wearing a Wildfox sweater, looks warm and fabulous and we heart her look.
Stay warm and stay cool? Sounds too good to be true!