Last Thursday night we were lucky enough to welcome the team from J Brand to update us on the latest from our favourite LA denim label. We found out what's coming for SS14 so we can stay ahead of the game with new shapes, styles, washes and trends.
You may only just be thinking about Christmas, but the fashion world is two (sometimes three) steps ahead. Right now, SS14 deliveries are just starting to touch down in our boutiques and on our website. Here are my top tips to ensure you're bang on trend with your denim this season.
1. Think grungy 80s child. The new fashion pieces have been designed to focus on wash, unlike the patterns and colour we've seen previously. Many of the styles feature cool, acid washes. TIP: Style with a slogan tee for a relaxed chic look. So simple!
2. It's all in the detail. J Brand are moving away from the bronze button and hardware that they've become known for; replacing these with shiny 24 carat gold, patent black, gunmetal and silver detailing. So chic, so effective.
3. Get Ready, Get Steady, and go for Photo Ready. J Brands most technical denim yet with patented fabric, making you look photo-shopped; this will hold you in like the most premium spanx imaginable. TIP: These will feel uber tight to start, but don't be afraid, stick to a smaller size and these will fit like a glove, wash after wash, wear after wear.
4. Luxe Sateen is a move on from the twill that filled our shelves two seasons ago. This lighter weight cotton mix has all the comfort of a legging, with the hold and sculpture that J Brand is known for. These are an easy, wearable staple.
5. Finally granting the leggy ladies their wish come true. J Brand have introduced the Stack Skinny which features a 34" in-seam and will look both fabulous on all long legs, or wear turned up or rouched on the ankle for the more petite customer.
Shop - J Brand Stack Bluebird
FACT: The Houlihan, named after the M*A*S*H character Hot Lips Houlihan was J Brands best selling skinny, selling over 300,000 pairs world wide.
FACT: J Brand were the first denim company to fill the fashion skinny void. The 811 Skinny, with their minimalist, no embellishment take on this silhouette and was an instant hit.
For further enquires about J Brand SS14 jeans or to pre-order please email email@example.com
Click to shop J Brand.
To read more by Donna Ida's Assistant Buyer Natasha, click here.