Anything that involves routine I love - so reassuring. I've been a makeup girl since as long as I can remember. I was always in Mum's makeup bag and trying on her clothes from a very young age and couldn't wait till I could start buying my own. Many years later, I have quite the makeup collection. Although I have oodles of it I probably only use around 5%. Here's my daily routine.
- Moisturise moisturise moisturise. The best beauty tip is lots of water, a good night's sleep, and plenty of moisturiser.
- I start with a good base. Same as with painting a room, the bulk of the work is in the prep. I use Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua, which goes for miles; you only need a tiny bit. Next is Laura Mercier's Wheat Eye Base. This keeps your eye makeup on. Genius! Then I touch up any blemishes with MAC Moisture Cover. Then I seal the whole lot with Chantecaille's Protection Naturelle.
- Next come the eyes. I tend to work on the eyes more than the lips (in my opinion, you have to choose). I have hundreds of eye shadows but right now I'm using a palette of MAC colours I put together and a great palette from Chantecaille. It's their Save The Sharks palette. You should get it, it's fantastic. Depending on what I'm wearing and the look I want to achieve I use a lighter base shadow and then a grey or plum shadow for the crease. It's all about blending. If you need some good makeup tips you can go to Frey-ja Barker at Fenwick on Bond Street and book a session. It costs £50 but anything you buy goes against it and you can easily rack up £50 just with a mascara and eye pencil.
- I finish off the eyes with MAC false lashes in extreme black mascara and eye kohl in Smoulder.
- I always use lip liner as it keeps your lips looking peachy throughout the day. The important part to remember is YOU MUST NOT SEE IT! I use Paul & Joe's double sided lip pencil in 01, which is a natural pink and it's fantastic. It's the best I've found.
- Lip balm is imperative for me and I probably re-apply 10 times a day. Or more. I use Rodial Glam Lip Balm (with it's heavenly rose scent) and then add colour with any number of MAC, Laura Mercier or Bobby Brown lip glosses. I'm also a fan of lipstick and use YSL (so creamy), NARS (for the best reds), and MAC (for the best pinks).
- And for the final touch, perfume. I would feel naked without perfume. I like Tom Ford, Le Labo, Prada and Diptique. The secret is which scent.... you should never tell.