How do the East London girls dress up their jeans for sub zero temperatures?
On a freezing Saturday morning I piled on about 17 layers and hopped on the bike to hit Broadway Market, East London’s honey-pot for young designers, fashion students and pretty boys and girls who come in their droves to join in the weekly fashion parade. The perfect spot for a bit of weekend denim peeping.
Layering fine knits is a classic cold weather rule. Georgia’s are picked up in Portobello market but we quite fancy this Designers Remix one to snuggle up in.
Cecile proves that swaddling layers can still be chic by mixing up her textures. An oversize woolen scarf (check out these super cosy ones by By Malene Birger ) is a fashion staple for battling winter blues.
Pattern-cutter Anna has cleverly layered her denim jacket under a coat she made herself. The result is a cool minimalist look – check out Current/Elliot for brilliant denim jackets.
Cute as a button Suzie has mastered the cape-and-skinnies silhouette, and when teamed with Chloe stacked heels and little Topshop socks, it’s a perfect cold weather statement.
Broadway Top Trends:
1. Jeans tucked into wooly socks and ankle boots
2. Enormous scarves
3. Minimalist grey wash skinnies (Check out these for size )
4. A hot drink or food to wrap your hands around
Broadway Top Spots:
- Cocktails and a vintage market in Off Broadway
- Alice in Wonderland kookiness and unbeatably amazing hair styling at Kennaland, above the Cat and Mutton
- Violet’s cupcake stall – the mini coconut ones are delicious
- Climpson and Sons for amazing flat whites
So there you have it - Broadway in a little denim nutshell. Race you to those By Malene scarves now.....