At Donna Ida, the end of season sale is much anticipated; a chance to get your hands on the special pieces you’ve held out for all season. As always, we recommend hitting our sale nice and early which starts this year on 16th December – we all know the savvy sale shoppers don’t hang around, nor do the bargain pieces!
Here are my top AW13 sale picks:
1. My first pick would be the statement piece that is sure to be a true investment for years to come; the Hockley Dolores Long Parka. This neutral khaki jacket features a fur trim and lining that will keep you warm and stylish through the winter months. The simple, chic shape is flattering on all figures. Now with 50% off, this stunning jacket will be sure to have your friends swooning. Wear with J Brand 620 in Refuge tucked into knee-high platform boots.
2. A staple on all denim devotees list is cord for the Winter season. One of our favourites is IDA Ivy Skinnies in Corded Cherry, a warm shade of red which is perfect for all celebrations this festive season. A favourite with all Donna Ida girls, they’re known for keeping their firm shape, and giving a flattering figure with their high rise. Wear these with chunky MiH Birds Knit, over MiH Swing Shirt for a cute day look, and step into a tailored Pyrus Eros Blazer in Black and a pair of pointed stiletto courts for the evening.
2. A trend I’m sure you won't have missed this season is tartan. Tartan has been all over the catwalks, and will be in stores throughout SS14 as well. The Textile Rebels is one of our favourite new French brands. The Tartan Flower Knit features stunning imagery on a silk front. Wear teamed with a Chunky Gold necklace and IDA Ivy Velvet Skinnies in Noir. This way, you can be sure to be on trend this Christmas.
3. New York brand Tucker has been a firm favourite with Donna Ida for seasons. Renowned for their stunning prints and colourful names, this exclusive print was designed especially for us this season. The Poppy Print Classic Blouse is perfect tucked into your high wasted jeans like the J Brand Major in Vesper. This tran-seasonal piece will add a pop of colour now and still look fresh for SS14.
4. If it's evening attire you’re looking for, then the J Brand 801 in Coated Red Adra will be perfect to get you in the mood. With coated jeans being a huge trend this season, J Brand have featured their new coating on this pillar box red skinny. Wear with Pyrus Inca Blouse in Black and grungy ankle boot. Add some gold accessories for a finishing touch.
5. Make the world better with a sweater! We all deserve to let our inner child free at Christmas time. The Leon and Harper Stag Knit will allow you to be on trend with your festive knit this year. Available in Berry Red and Lagoon Blue, throw on with your mid blue J Brand 811 in Pacifica with your Hunter wellies in time for those country walks.
Read more from Assistant Buyer Natasha Cobham here.